Thursday, October 9, 2008

up late and so thankful...

Crazy title right?? I'm up late tonight simply because I can't sleep. I think God is having me stay awake to pray for others (in particular the Brokering family who are going through a terrible impending loss as I type) and to count my blessings. Dan and I stayed up a little later tonight just talking about how life may have been different for us if we had taken one small step differently in our lives.. I am so thankful for a husband who loves God and who can encourage me. I know without the grace of God I could be alone now. God spared my Daniel just 3 short years ago and I know but for His grace I could be grieving.. I am so thankful for my husband. I am thankful that God allowed us to have our two children.. our daughter who is quickly becoming a teenager and our baby boy who is growing a little more each day. I am so unworthy of God's goodness to me. I need to spend so much more time thanking Him for what He has allowed me to have rather than complaining and being depressed that I don't always have what I want or am not always treated the way I would like to be. I am unworthy of all that I have. God has been gracious and merciful. I am so blessed.
My sweet friend Sara just made a painting for me ( Check out her blog to see it sara-mincy.blogspot.com) I had her use a verse on it that says "This is the Lord's doing... It is marvelous in our eyes" I am hanging it just inside my front door.. God is good to us all the time even when it doesn't make sense to us. He is good and He is just and He knows what He is doing. He does best for us.
I am thankful that God has allowed me to stay awake tonight to think on this. I am so rebuked and hope I can walk more worthily....

If you've read my ramblings this far you deserve a medal:-D
Blessings and prayers to you. I think maybe I might be able to rest now :-D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post, Jenny. I have been contemplating my own worthiness these last few days. You are right, God is SO good to us!