Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The story of Us




The photo above is my favorite from our wedding photos. I set up the pose myself :-D I think it's adorable. Anyway, I need to backtrack some from the wedding if I am to tell you our story.

I graduated from Maranatha in 1996. I had spent the spring semester that year working as a Nanny in New Brunswick. I LOVED my job so didn't actively search for a teaching job at that time. However, Maranatha sent out my name to several Christian schools and a school in Joliet, Illinois contacted me and interviewed me over the phone for a position teaching in their school. I was reluctant but felt that God was leading me to do this so I agreed to take the position and prepared to leave in August. At the last minute, the paperwork for immigration got messed up and I was unable to go. The asked me to wait and perhaps come the following fall. I spent the rest of that school year happily working as a Nanny and didn't really give much thought to actually leaving to go to Illinois. The school called again toward the end of the school year and told me they had worked everything out and wanted me to come in the fall to teach second grade. To say I was apprehensive about this step would be an understatement. I was scared to death but again felt God was leading me there.. but why???? It is amazing to me how God works.....

When we arrived in Joliet we went to the house where I would be boarding . The couple had housed several teachers for Ridgewood in the past. They were very kind and had a nice, large room for me. We had arrived on a Saturday. I spent the night with my parents at their hotel and we went to church on Sunday. Sunday evening I met with the principal of the school and while my parents were waiting around for me my dad encountered a young man who had also come to teach at Ridgewood. His name was Dan. He tried to get Dan to wait around to meet me but my meeting went long and Dan had lots to do so he left..........


--------------------------------To be continued---------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Heavenbound Kim said...

Keep going... Love the pic! ~wink~ Kim;D oX

sara said...

Can't wait to hear the rest!

Burman Batch said...

I too am excited to hear the rest of the story!!

Ann said...

Hmmm - I debated on whether to comment now or when the whole story is done...but as you can see, I gave into now...anyway, we all know the "happy ending part", but it's fun to hear the middle not-so-common-knowledge part. When you get to the wedding part I think you should put a pic up of the purple dresses that look blue in all the pictures. And remember the hair and makeup debacle? Heavens!! Fun, eh?
~Ann